What Is Desk Booking Software?
Desk booking software, or hoteling software, is a tool used by employees looking to easily reserve a location for team meetings, brainstorming sessions, or whatever in-person tasks a business needs to accomplish.
Through desk booking, you can eliminate unused space and create a flexible workplace.
With this approach to finding and selecting a place to work, the conventional office space is coming to an end. By using hoteling software, employees can better find desks while employers can gain insight into key metrics to better understand the working environment their company needs.
Who Uses Desk Booking Software?
Why Use Desk Booking Software?
Before selecting booking software, you first need to ask yourself why. Many businesses are capable of running online – with or without a scenery change – so let’s look at the many reasons for using desk booking software.
First and foremost, understand that adopting a flexible work policy is vital to attracting and retaining top talent. A work-life balance is a win-win situation for both employers and employees because it creates trust, loyalty, and productivity. That alone is a primary reason to consider desk booking software. Take a look at some other equally beneficial reasons:
- It reduces the real estate footprint – there’s no use in hanging onto an office space that doesn’t see regular use.
- Adopting a “hub” v.s. the traditional office promotes networking and community. While both spaces are fundamentally the same in terms of desks, chairs, and computers, hubs typically include more spacious areas to strategize and connect – they’re not as rigid, lending themselves to creative thinking and working.
- Similarly, desk booking can help reduce friction in the office because a) employees have the chance to see one another face-to-face, rather than complying with a rigid office lined with traditional cubicles, and b) they don’t see those faces every single day, creating healthy space among coworkers.
- Desk booking ensures a clean and usable workspace.
- It maximizes productivity. On the days that you’re “in office,” you’ll work harder because those days might be limited throughout the week.
- Businesses and leaders can better plan for future needs with the data and analytics provided.
It will take some thinking outside of the box to fully understand how you can integrate desk booking software into your workflow, but with technology and the internet virtually shaping the way of future business, it’s a much better option than the overheads that come from leasing buildings and infrastructure of property management.
What Features Should You Look for in Desk Booking Software?
1. Desk Reservation Capabilities
First and foremost, your desk booking software should have the easy, user-friendly capability of reserving both individual desks for an employee and entire spaces for team meetings. Using a customizable, interactive, real-time reservation system can help you easily visualize the workspace and understand which location best suits your needs.
2. Google Calendar Integration
With many businesses using Google Workspace, this simple integration can go a long way by streamlining the space management system and eliminating information silos.
3. Human Resource Information System Integration
Ensuring your employees are well taken care of is essential in any work environment, especially when employers and employees are not communicating face to face. When you can easily integrate HR management tools, like Bamboo HR and Workday, you can ensure the welfare of employees wherever their workspace may be.
4. Capacity Management Capabilities
Manage the number of employees in the office at any given time. From team to upper management meetings, maintain the ability to manage permissions and restrictions based on office policies.
5. Dedicated Customer Service Manager
High-touch support is vital for any business, as work hours often fluctuate around different time zones across the globe. Coming to a grinding halt due to technical difficulties is the last hiccup any project needs. Having dedicated professionals to help troubleshoot the issue and get your workflow back on track is a key feature to look for in a desk booking product.
6. Directory Service Integration
When you integrate directory services, you can authenticate with apps and enroll devices using their existing directory service credentials. All this does is eliminate the need to create basic user accounts for everyone in your organization, helping simplify the enrollment process for end-users by using information they already know, such as their Google Accounts.
Book Your Workspace with OfficeTogether
OfficeTogether aims to make desk booking as straightforward as possible. With office desk reserving, employee health checks, via Slack or email, Google calendar integration, and capacity management, you are always guaranteed access to the essentials for your business and workspace.
Schedule a demo today or start your free trial to see how OfficeTogether will directly impact office culture and employee experience.